Replaced both front and rear axles with a friend. He is selling his XJ and new owner complained she is lack of power on 32" tire and 4.0/AW4/3.05 gear combo. So the process started and successfully finished. Mine was a D30/D35/3.55.
current set is D30/C8.25/3.07, will regear them soon. looking for 4.56 set.
rear brake line tee moved a bit upward, had a little leak there, but it is sealable. Need to bend tubes also.
C 8.25 pinion output is longer than D35 and my rear driveshaft went back to t-case output.
Now I am feeling lack of power, but I have a plan :D
They are not so bad condition at all, welded front upper control arm bracket. Rear don;t have any noise, sound. Front pinion bearing humming a bit.
At least I've got bit bigger rear axle shaft and easier to adjust differential



No comments:
Post a Comment